November 4, 2012

Today is...

"Today is the day the Lord has made. I. will. rejoice. and be glad in it! Today is Orphan Sunday! I'm praying today for Marlee, and orphans all over the world to be placed in loving forever homes. I'm praying that God would place His call on their parents to say 'yes' to adoption! and I'm praying for the church as we become more aware of the orphan crisis and our responsibility to care for widows and orphans. We got our October number...60! I'm not going to lie, we were a bit disappointed/discouraged at only moving one spot and being in the '60s' for the third month in a row! But I remembered that children's song, and we sang a new rendition of that song called,'Today is the Day', by Paul Baloche at church last sunday. One of the newly written lines says, "I won't worry about tomorrow, I'm giving you (Jesus) my joys and sorrows, I'm trusting in what you say. Today is the day!" The truth is that God's in control, and I'm not. That can be SO freeing when I decide not to worry! When I worry, I'm trying to be in control, and that just messes up the way it should be! God is much more capable at handling my life (and this adoption) than I am, and I believe that in my head, but sometimes there's this huge chasm of about 12 inches between my head and my heart :) Y'all hear me on this one?! Sometimes I recite scripture or sing truthful songs in faith-wanting and praying that I will get there someday even if it's not reality in me today. I showed up to wednesday night prayer service last week pretty discouraged and exhausted from waiting...and worrying ;) However, I left so encouraged because I confessed, and then body of Christ (my brother's and sister's) spoke truth to me and prayed over me in this waiting time. I'm waiting for some other things as well in my life, and it can be just plain tough! I pray that you would do like the psalmist in Psalm 82 when you find yourself discouraged in waiting, "pour out your hearts to him, O people, for God is a refuge and a strength for us." I'm encouraged today that God loves me. He sees me, and knows me. He loves, and sees, and knows you too. Let's trust Him more as He gives us grace to!

No comments:

Post a Comment