October 13, 2010

My Rock

"My rock has African paint on it."

What?! I know it doesn't make any sense yet, but let me explain.
This past weekend Michael and I had the privaledge of eating with the staff of our church and talking about where we've been and where we're going. Nothing fires me up more than a "vision talk"! haha, and we had a great one!

Our churh is beginning a 2 year journey where we are all being challenged to
Outlive our lives. We're all given today, but not promised tomorrow and what we do with it is up to us...and it's SO very important to the Lord!

What exactly do we mean by that? well, In short, we're calling the church to live a life of faith. To Grow like we've never grown before, Go outside of our comfort and culture and serve others, and Give to kingdom causes.

We were each asked to take a rock as a symbol/reminder that God is moving and that He has something specific for us to do in these 2 years.

After dinner a friend of mine who has recently heard God's call to serve Children in Africa said "My rock has African paint on it". I laughed at his half humor, half purely contented face. but that sentence kept coming back to me as I've been praying.

What does God have in store for me in these next months??

Will I truly walk out my faith in obedience to the Lord, and with the Joy set before me, endure? I knew my rock was metaphorically going to be a "heavy load to bear". but at the same time, I'm excited. I'm pumped about the journey I get to go on with God. I love an opportunity for God to be BIG, and do something that only HE can pull off. As far as specifics...check back next week and I'll post where we feel God is leading us!

2 comments: